Our usual Purrzaar vendors were there - including Oatsie's Trunk, Smeowly Cats, Library, Sloth Studio, Dainty Hands, WILD and Momshoo - all selling gorgeous, handmade cat-themed merchandise from tote bags and diaries to jewellery and artwork! Those who are keen to take up a stall at future purrzaars can contact us at email@example.com
Stacked dim sum bar http://www.stacked.com.sg is our venue sponsor and also donating 50% of the proceeds from their yummy Chilli Crab Pau sales, while Smitten Coffee & Tea Bar http://www.facebook.com/SmittenCafe next door is also donating 15% of their FnB proceeds on the 2 Purrzaar days. So come and support us by dining and shopping with us on these 2 days. C'mon, spend some of that hongbao money which will go to a good cause. Plus it's Valentine's weekend so come and spread some love! :)
More info on vendors and sponsors:
- Cats of the World organisers are selling postcards at $1 and quirky cat photos at $10 that were exhibited in previous years. Cat photos are taken all over the world and showcase the cats in interesting settings.
- Dainty Hands offers all things sweet and pleasing to the eye from cake lollipops to satisfy the sweet tooth to kitty toys and potted grasses to pamper your furry feline friends. There are cute jewellery such as necklaces and rings, imported tote bags and pouches with sewn-on cat silhouettes. Prices start from $5.
- Library is a treasury that transfigures into the form of a tote bag label where the love for literary words and illustrations manifests in ‘Practical Cats’ tote designs. They are inspired by T.S. Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats and illustrations by Edward Gorey. This collection of whimsical poems by Eliot’s also inspired the famous musical, Cats. These carry-all totes come in six designs and three metallic colours: Sunworshipper Gold, Antique Typewriter Bronze, Stardusted Black. The colours are hand-mixed and almost always contained a bountiful dash of subtle gold dust. Each bag is personally silk-screened and some feature hand-sewn collars with gold or silver bells. Available in S, M, L sizes for $15 to $30. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Library
- Oatsie's Trunk is started by a husband and wife team whose love for pets extends to little cuddly pet-shaped cushions. It started with a schnauzer silhouette for their best friend’s kid’s birthday gift, which turned into a business. All original pet silhouettes are hand-drawn to proportions before they are being cut and sewn. These one-of-its-kind customised designs come complete with pretty ribbon collars, where you can personalise them with little trinkets! Prices start from $55 for customised cushions and trinkets are $5 for 3. There are also purses (from $8), cushion covers ($35), and tote bags ($18- $55). Items come with pets/animal themes that are either printed on the fabric or as cushion silhouettes. Visit http://www.etsy.com/shop/oatsiestrunk
- Momshoo offers hand-stitched and hand-knitted whimsical designs. All items are handmade with a personal touch. Creations include plush toys, luggage tags and mismatched earrings! At the purrzaar, don’t miss the limited edition cat brooches, sleeping cat key rings, handphone accessories and knitted amigurumi cats. http://www.facebook.com/momshoo
- SmeowlyCats features one-off handmade dolls, mainly of cats, which are inspired by the owner's love of cats and their quirky antics. Every SmeowlyCat doll is unique and lovingly stitched by local designer WahWah Leong, who graduated with a BA in Fashion Design (RMIT) and is a certified Madhatter of sewing machines. Each doll is creatively fashioned using materials such as socks, cotton, jersey, corduroy, terry cloth, ribbons and buttons in different vibrant colours and patterns. They can even be tailor-made and designed according to the customers' preferences (animals, colours, personalised with names, etc) Prices start from $59 for a small doll. http://www.smeowlycats.blogspot.com/
- SlothStudio's art products are handmade from drawings and paintings of two local artists, Ng Ling Tze and Terence Koh. They have always enjoyed the company of cats and get inspired to interpret them in their artworks. Handmade art products include A6-size notebooks, wearable art (pendants with chain, earrings & rings), zipper pouches and soft plush with keychain. Visit www.slothstudio.com and http://www.facebook.com/slothstudio
Wild Vanilla & Clove with Orange Soap, Natural Moisturising Cream
- Stacked Dim Sum Bar http://www.facebook.com/StackedDimSumBar www.stacked.com.sg (venue sponsorship / F&B partner)
- Smitten http://www.facebook.com/SmittenCafe (FnBpartner)